Saturday, January 26, 2008

Why I love our deck


Why I love our deck, originally uploaded by laureljadewilliams.

It still really surprises me sometimes when I walk outside and I see this. I'm really terrible at taking photos, so you can't really appreciate the scale of the hills in the background because there's nothing in the foreground to compare it too (you'd think because I can write things like that that I'd actually be able to put it into practice, but no. It's a common theme.) but they're really pretty high. They get a bit snow-capped in the Winter. More like snow dusted, on some days, for a few hours.

Nevertheless, the light and the colors! It really does look like that sometimes. Everything looks so warm and crisp, like you can see what those people in those houses way over there are eating for dinner and it's lookin' delicious.

Ash is working on some really cool new ring designs that I can't wait to show you. So freakin' cute. And the best thing is, is that when he comes up with new designs someone has to try them out to make sure that they don't break really easily or, you know, have a tendency to slice your finger up or get in the way when you're doin' high fives. That person is me by the way. And Siggy. And Ash has finally learned that it makes me cry a little bit when it's only Siggy that's the tester. And YES I get that it would be helpful if the tester actually wears the jewellery for more than five seconds between tasks that don't seem appropriate for jewellery wearing. It just seems wrong to get your rings wet. I don't know why.

No comments: