Thursday, January 31, 2008

Harvest Feast!



So, I've attended a bachannalia festival before. I was convinced to hangout topless with bunches of grapes painted on my breasts. It seemed like a reasonable thing to do when there were 7 of us at the party. Hours later when there were about 50, I started to doubt my decision. Ash and I had a harvest feast last night, it was nothing like the first one I attended.



This is what inspired it all. Corn. We grew our own corn and apparently, that's hard to do. A lot of times it comes out small and tough and not very nice at all. This was none of those things. It was so tender in fact, that it didn't even stick in your teeth.



This is our version of an Italian poached meatloaf. Ash read about it in a magazine. Some Italian family that lives in New Zealand now made it. They hang out and eat food and play ping pong while wearing capri pants and skinny sneakers. We want that life, although we're probably not effortlessly good looking enough to have it. And our fights aren't nearly as cathartic.



Well, maybe some of them are effortlessly good looking. Anyway, who cares about good looks when you're eatin' tiny, beautiful potatoes that grew right out back. And the sun is shinning and you've got a linen table cloth that only cost $5.00 at the flea market. Not to mention the fact that we had enough plates for everyone. Once again, I only feel justified bragging about all of this because, really Ash did it all. And I'll brag about him all I want cause I have to live with the bastard.

No comments: