Tuesday, September 4, 2007

A Start


all better, originally uploaded by laureljadewilliams.

This is Oscar. He's related to every single one of us, some of us twice. He's Evan and Siggy's kid, Ashley's nephew, My second cousin and also my (sorta) nephew. Sorta cause I'm Ashley's lady although we're not married. Evan is my cousin. Siggy is Ashley's sister. Confused? So is Oscar.

To make a long story short...My Kiwi cousin Evan came to visit me in Austin, Texas many years ago and we became fast friends. He came back to New Zealand and declared it was my turn to visit him. I did. He was very concerned because he'd just started dating his best friend's little sister.

And speaking of his best friend...Evan declared he'd be PERFECT for me! And he was! And we all fell in love. And made sure we weren't breaking any laws or crossing any blood lines. And then we went to France. To make a lot of money working on super yachts. And Siggy found out she was pregnant. Good thing we were making all that money.

And now we're all back here. Ash is making jewellery in his little workshop downstairs. Evan's making food at the family cafe and putting his art degree to good use designing gates and the coolest patio you've ever seen. Siggy's making beautiful babies, trying to figure out how to sand jewellery, breast feed and change nappies at the same all the while ignoring us when we when we tell her it's time to start painting again.

And me? I'm taking Ash's jewellery worldwide! Mainly so we have a good excuse to make trips to back to Texas tax deductable. And so I don't have to ever leave the house to work. And because his jewellery is beautiful and everyone in the world deserves a piece of it for their birthday.

AND! We all just bought our first houses! And we're doing them up! And they're across the street from each other! And Evan's sister Ashleigh and boyfriend and soon to be baby bought a house up the street! It's like the 50's only with wireless and climate change.

No comments: