Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Another One Bites the Dust!

It's official. We're taking over the neighborhood.

Jude (Ash and Siggy's Mum) has just bought the house next door to Evan and Sig's place. I can't believe it. Total number of family members in a two-block radius=9! Nine! When my Sis and her family arrives, that will bring the total to thirteen. Ooooh, that sounds unlucky. Maybe we're pushing it too far. Are we crazy?

I still can't help but think that we're doing the right thing. Rallying against the global economy or something. I used to listen with such jealous interest when my Nana would talk about the olden days when the whole family lived on the the same hill. Granted, I wish my family was a little better represented on this hill. Not that I don't love who I've got here, I just wish I could wander up the street and have my parents back me while I sing "Psycho Killer" in their music room.

Anywho, we're still waiting for Ashleigh to add number 10 to the tally (just occurred to me that we won't have 13 as a total, but 14...phew!) and trying to calculate how long it will take for her parents to join us on the hill.

Wish us luck in lawn bowls tonight, teams DeVille 1 and DeVille 2 both won last week. I'm hoping for a repeat.

No comments: